September 23, 2017, 08:44:55 AM

collapse

* Social Media Buttons

* Model X Polls

• What is your favorite feature of the Tesla Model X?
  • Dot Gull Wing Doors!
  • 2 (100%)
  • Dot It's Electric!
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot Performance!
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot Exterior Style!
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot Interior Style and Comfort!
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot That Awesome User Interface!
  • 0 (0%)
  • Total Members Voted: 2
  • View Topic

Author Topic: Model X wind noise  (Read 2645 times)

ronulrich

Model X wind noise
« on: April 12, 2016, 06:23:18 AM »
Took delivery 22March16, great car!  Does anyone else have wind noise near the front door drivers side?
ron

jp

• View Profile
Re: Model X wind noise
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 05:08:25 PM »
I had mine delivered about a week later than yours, but I do not have wind noise problem. Presently I have brake grabbing noise problem when you back out from the garage into the street and brake, and then in Drive mode you turn the steering wheel. If I touch the accelerator before turning the steering wheel, the brake grabbing noise issue is no longer there.
I also noticed sometimes my spoiler come up and stays up after I walked away from the car. When this happens, it stays up until next activation and shut down. It doesn't do always, but sometimes noticeably.
jp

Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 01:00:13 PM »
I just took delivery of my Model X, everything is good except a lot of windnoise at 45mph and above...only on the driver side, but not on the passenger side. Going to take it in for diagnostics....

Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2016, 12:52:32 AM »
According to Musk in yesterday's shareholder meeting at least two new software updates will be going out to fix most of the door issues.  One is going out this week and another in about a month.  He said all the problems with the doors are software related and will be fixed by these updates.
Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN when you open an account at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

CARiD

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2016, 05:39:45 AM »
Most of the other cars also have a wind noise at higher speeds, but you can barely hear it, because of the engine noise. If there would be window frames on the front doors we could try using regular car deflectors like these http://www.carid.com/articles/rain-guards-in-channel-vs-stick-on.html They certainly change the air dynamics a little.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 08:33:03 AM by CARiD »

Ledger Wallet protects your bitcoins